Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6/10 The Day of Zeitgeisting and Finding Out I Was an Inspiration to Look Beyond the Surface


So I was looking at sitemeter for my blog and someone found me by googling my name, so I looked at their results to see what there was about me, and I found the site “Rate My Teacher.” Now, I haven’t taught in five years, but I decided to check it out, and this is what I found…set for a date long after I had stopped teaching:

SHE IS THE ONE TEACHER I WILL FOREVER REMEMBER FOR INSPIRING ME TO LOOK BEYOND THE SURFACE OF THINGS AND PUSHING ME TO DO BETTER.SHE TRULY SUPPORTED MY DREAMS I WILL ALWAYS HAVE FOND MEMORIES OF HER.

Bedtime. Kisses and hugs and laying in the same bed in a squiggly, wiggly pile.

Dinner time. Actually putting the food on the table in front of them, because that meant the screaming and crying and trying of my patience ended and my blood pressure went down, and the twitching in my eye stopped. I hate the hour before dinner.

Got some writing done despite the excuses and blahdeblah. I was running out of time before naps ended, and I didn’t give up, I gave it a try, and got a few pages in.

The kids deciding to take up sweeping and mopping. G had the mop and Ivy had the broom, all because a glass of water spilled and they wanted to clean up the mess. twiddling thumbs Hmm. Can I capitalize on this and teach them to be my house cleaners?

Perusing my blog and other writings I felt good, because I think I have something. I just need to figure out how to get that “something” out there into the wider zeitgeist. I need to find my hundred monkeys.

No comments: