Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17 The Day of the Flowered Skirt and Peaches and Bloggety Blogosphere


Playing with Ivy and the magic crayola finger paints. She just wants to dig in the paint goo, but together, we painted something that I actually like. I made circles, and she had fun with the rest.

The kids’ first(ish) encounter with peaches. Mmmlmmmlmmm (that’s how Ivy says yum. She sticks her tongue out and in, half way between licking her lips and saying mmm.)

Dressing up a little just because I felt like it. All that means is I put on a yellow cotton skirt printed with tiny red flowers adn an orange tank top with lace edging. Not so far off from my normal shorts and tank outfit.

I am getting more and more compliments on my writing. It is both amazing and gratifying. They aren’t even the regular compliments like, “you write good” ;) they are very precise compliments, like “your writing is stark and alive.” Wowzers. It is? Cool. I need to see some of this writing he’s talking about.

I am starting to gain momentum with my blog. It’s weird. People I don’t know are reading me and they are entering into the discussion. That’s the best part. The discussion. I enjoy looking at blogs as a conversation. It is so much more personal than a magazine or a newspaper or the tv. It is so interactive, almost, you might imagine, the way ideas were passed on in the eons before we came up with the printing press and mass media. But of course, this time, you aren’t face to face, and you can have access to so many more people. We live in a remarkable world, don’t you think?

No comments: