Wednesday, April 02, 2008

4/2 The Day of Committing to Happy Details All Day Long

Ivy’s pucci print inspired sundress in green and pink and black swirls. When she is in the garden, she almost blends in with the tropical gardenness of it all.

Making a list of things that G discovers in the garden.
a grapefruit half eaten by fruit rats
a swarm of fruit flies
a key lime, still good
a black snake, making it’s escape
a nice long new stick
a couple of rocks
a purple plastic fish dropped by a girl
a little brown lizard
the beginning swell of a baby citrus fruit, fallen off the tree before it could ripen.

Recommitting to poetry even though the goal scares the bejeebers out of me.

Making the decision to write down things for this list, even if the day is not done, because I keep forgetting good things by the end of the evening, partly because I am so tired then. And I want to pay attention to the details… maybe I’m thinking that I can turn them into poetry.

Ivy’s hair is coming in and it’s starting to ruffle a little on the top. I might soon be able to put some barrettes in there.

Pancakes for lunch, with lots of butter and syrup.

An extra cup of coffee. S is around all the time and drinks all my coffee before I can get to it. I had to make a new pot… well, I suggested “we” make a new pot, and S did it.

No comments: