Sunday, May 18, 2008

5/18 The Lazy Sunday

Lazy day with nothing scheduled to do. Had some coffee and did the crossword, and did better than I normally do.

G is getting better everyday at speaking. He was a little slow with expressive language, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem any more.

A quick rainstorm. I love a rainstorm. It cooled everything off nicely, and the plants were happy.

Uncle worked on the garden yesterday, moving the yucca that had been sitting in front of the pond and getting in the way of the path. He also cut back some of the ferns and other greenery and then did other stuff that is kind of over my head/black thumb. The whole garden looks more open and welcoming now.

Talking with uncle about art and writing and animation and computers and life paths and the business of being an artist.

Getting an hour of writing on my second draft done today, even though it was a lazy day and I didn’t work in the afternoon during nap time. I stuck to my guns and kept up with my self challenge… even if it was a little slower because I am confused about what I want to show in this scene. I’m seeing the process come together. Every draft is another layer.

No comments: