Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/17/08 The Day of Reading, 'Riting, and rrr...Art.

Painted one painting, an oracle that I made up, drew another, (Nox and Comfort) and wrote over 2 thousand words for nanowrimo. Still went to bed early, and read a new book.

A new author who does not bore me. I have a hard time finding science fiction and fantasy authors who are good enough writers to keep my attention. The curse of a s/f geek who got a literary education.

Writing during nap time, which is the only time I get to do so, nowadays, G woke up and came into my room. I thought I was done for, since I’d just started and did not have my word count. But instead, I asked him if he wanted to lay in my bed, and he did, and as soon as his head hit the pillow, his eyes fluttered closed and he went to sleep. Yay. The benefits of not having a separate office.

3 comments:

Nadya said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) I love that face - so full of it!
have you read any of Gael Baudino's stuff? 'Gossamer Axe' & her 'Strands of Starlight' series are my favs - more on the fantasy line. & since harps figure heavily in them, I'm a happy girl (& yes, they're well written)

My dau struggles with her almost 4 yr old's wakefullness/ getting up & coming to snuggle. When she sleeps over at my house, she usually sleeps thru the night (go figure!!)

Steve Emery said...

I know what you mean about the literary education and SF... Some is great - a lot of it is poorly written.

Have you read: Little Big, The Left Hand of Darkness, and Where Late the Sweet Birds Sang? All three excellent stories and they hold up as literature. Also Mythago Wood, and There Are Doors. Both strange, haunting, confusing pieces.

Jessica S. said...

he is beautiful...