Monday, May 05, 2008

5/5 Cinco de Mayo or The Day of the Job Search Continues

Went out with my stepfather to troll the restaurants in the neighborhood filling out applications. It doesn’t sound romantic…well, I take it back. It does sound a little romantic to me. Waiting tables part time while staying at home the rest of the time with my kids. I had a lot of fun waiting tables in my 20s. It wasn’t all fun, but a lot was. Had a good lead, in fact the guy says he’ll call me tomorrow, so I might even have the job, and we ended up with my step father buying me a burger and beer at Biff Burger, this outdoor bar and grill he likes to go to. He says that’s my vacation from the kids.

In my wanderings, I found an English style pub that not only has guinness, but also has a little play ground where the kids can run around while the parents watch from the porch tables! And it’s only about five blocks from our house! As soon as one of us gets a job, we can have some outings there. S misses his pub.

G and Ivy chasing each other. They both were laughing the entire time. And they stopped this short from actual wrestling. They are getting very close to being able to really play together. I guess this is the benefit to having them so close together.

No comments: