Tuesday, May 06, 2008

5/6 The Day of "Man! This is Good!"

Tacos for dinner. G said, “Man! This is good!” which was really nice, because his verbal ability has been kind of spotty. He’s been talking a lot more since we came down to Florida. I don’t know if it was the change, or he was just ready to start talking. Of course, he didn’t eat the tacos straight up. He basically had tortilla chips dipped in mild salsa and topped with taco meat. No tomatoes or lettuce. Little cheese. He did however ask, quite clearly, for chocolate.

Looks like I got a part time job waiting tables. I’m going in to train on thursday and I have a tentative Saturday and Sunday evening shift. Phew. Let’s see how it goes.

The kids were playing out in the garden with some water “gun” sea animals. They really enjoyed it, although Ivy couldn’t quite shoot the shark or dophin water projectile. Lots of laughter. Lots of wet kids.

My back is slowly getting better. Still hurts, but not constantly, and I can go some time without using the back brace.

I am still on the email list for G’s playgroup and they sent some photos today. It’s a little bittersweet, because I miss my mom friends, but I like to see how big the kids are growing.

The way Ivy struts when she walks.

No comments: