Thursday, May 08, 2008

5/8 The Day of the Training

Here come the sitcoms! Yay until the summer hiatus, anyway.

I trained at the new restaurant and it looks like it will work out. It’s casual and laid back, and I think I can get some decent part time schedules, and I am probably the most experienced of the new hires, so if someone goes, it won’t be me. I saw that I could totally handle the job. It’s an old restaurant that has new owners and is being opened again after a few months of being closed, so there was some worry about have a clientele, but this was the first day of reopening, and the regulars were all coming back which means we will make some money [knock on wood]. I think I was really lucky that my step father saw the hire sign the day I was job searching, because there’s not much hiring being done these days.

Sitting with my mom and step dad in the new job after I was done training, chatting and having a beer with them before they dropped me home.

Coming home from training to see the little guys, read them a story and tuck them in.

Going to work was like being on vacation! Lets see if I feel that way after a full day’s work.

Finally getting statcounter to work on my blog and finding I have more than ZERO readers. A couple dozen, in fact. Surprised the heck out of me. Maybe I’m coming back into the world.

No comments: