Sunday, June 22, 2008

6/21 The Day of Rain, Photos, and Beer from the Fellas


Beautiful rain this morning. Soft and gentle, but heavy. G and I watched it out the window. “Yay, yay,” he said. “Rain.”

Ivy, so serious when I told her to get a toy to go to grandma’s and grandpas. She looked at me, nodded, and then strutted off around the corner into the play room to look for a toy. She picked two soft rings, exactly like the two rings that G had.

Discovering that the soft rings from the caterpillar toy could be a great tossing toy. G has a need to throw things, and as balls tend to wander off, he throws things like shoes and giant robots. no. no. So giving him the soft rings allowed him to express his throwing without hurting people or delicate objects.

Went to work. Still raining. Dead slow. Rain not good for an outdoor restaurant. So I decided to take some photos. Perhaps I will post them later. Photos all around the Sunset. Some self portraits. Some abstracts. Some straight shots of the restaurant. It was a little fun, I don’t do much photographing besides taking pictures of the kids, of which I have taken thousands.

Got out of work early, since there were too many waitresses, too few tables available with the rain and all, and too few people to fill those seats. I went to the back bar and hung out with the manager who was working and had a couple of beers, all of which were bought by the guys sitting there. Yes, they were old guys being friendly to the waitress, but there were also other guys giving me the eye. I wasn’t receptive, just friendly, but I still have a little of the some’in, some’in.

Mom picked me up, and we brought the kids home and put them to bed and sat and talked with Uncle, which was fun.

MORE readers for my blog. I am always surprised when I am called funny, because I don’t really think of myself as funny, although I do enjoy looking at things with humor. I guess I think of myself as way too serious for my own good, but maybe I have my moments. That’s good. I’ve spent too many years way too serious.

No comments: