Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/26 The Day of Singing and Dancing and Writing


Saved a baby lizard that was lost in the sink.

G remembered the “this little piggie” song and was trying to do it with Ivy’s toes. Even though I hadn’t done it in years. They remember such strange things from so long ago.

Wrote over 2000 words in my novel. I hit the ‘glow” I felt it starting to make sense. glad I deleted half of what I’d written. I may have to delete another 50 pages. Is it possible that I have written almost 150,000 only to get to the beginning? People sometimes look down on nanowrimo for the speed with which you tackle a novel, but I don’t think it makes much difference when you’re writing your way into a story. It just depends on how much you let your internal editor get control of you, and when your delete button finger starts to get itchy. For me, it seems to be 150,000 words in.

Doing little piggies and singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider with the kids. Then I started singing more songs. I always forget how much singing makes me happy until I start to sing.

Peanut butter cups in my icecream.

SYTYCD especially the opening number.

No comments: