Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4/28 The Day of Dreaming Adventure Kids and Purple Girls.

Making muffins when the kids went to bed. They came out of a box, but I doctored them up with my magic potions and they were quite tasty when they came out of the oven, all warm and cinnamony. I think I would like to make them from scratch. They wouldn’t be as sweet that way.

After dinner, S took the kids outside in the garden and let them play around. The bonus to this was that I got to clean up undisturbed after making dinner. (I suppose someone else could have cleaned up after I made the whole dinner, but oh well.) It does seem that even chores are a vacation, when you get to do them without toddlers hanging onto your legs, crying, “mama! mamaaaaa!”

I got to take some self portraits with my digital camera, hoping to post some new photos or change my avatars on various sites.

G watched the movie Titan AE and he loved it. Had a hard time sitting through the second half, because I think his attention span was being challenged, but he still loved it.

Putting the kids to bed, I’ve been trying various things to keep G in his bed, rather than having him climb out and fall asleep in front of the door to his room. The latest is to drape a blanket over the headboard and call it a sail, and place his “crew” of stuffed animals at the foot of the bed, and ask him where he’s going to go on his journey that night. Into space like in the movie? To meet a whale and/or mermaid? Looking for hidden treasure? I don’t know if he actually goes on those types of journeys, but he seems to enjoy thinking that he might.

Something bled in the laundry and turned many clothes purple. Luckily, it is mostly Ivy’s clothes, and she looks pretty cute in lavender. It even hides some of the stains. She is, once again, The Purple Girl.

No comments: