Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4/29 Playing and Drawing and Writing the Day Away

A shower after dinner and kiddoes bedtime. I just felt scummy and my back has been bad since I pulled it a week or so ago putting Ivy in her bed. Kids are bad for your health, but the shower was an outoftheroutine way to wash off the day.

Writing poetry, even bad poetry, it gives something for my watery head to do while waiting for the shower to heat up. And the more you write, the more you create, the more there is for you to write and/or create. Like how lifting weights makes you able to lift heavier weights… or do kick boxing or build tree forts or carry the moon on your back… whatever you are aiming for.

G enthralled with his first viewing of Star Wars.

G and Ivy playing together. Oh the playing. Sometimes they are sitting in the same box, sometimes they are playing some sort of fort game, sometimes they are running around the room singing, sometimes they are rolling around on the floor laughing, sometimes they are poking each other with sticks or taking toys from one another or pushing one another to the floor. Good times.

I drew in my journal today. Due to technical difficulties, I have not been doing so well with posting photos, but today I just took my camera and put the self portraits I took on the screen, and then put the paper over the screen and traced the photos onto the paper. Sure it’s not high art, but I like my ingenuity. And I’m thinking of painting the mini self portraits with watercolor, just to fool around and experiment.

Going through some blogs and sites inspired me to draw again.

Morning muffins that I made last night.

No comments: