Saturday, May 03, 2008

5/3 The Day of Full of Beans and the Farmer's Market

Ivy, who is not really that enthralled with books and/or reading, not only laughed and turned the pages of Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle, but also asked for another go round.

At the end of dinner, G was feeding Ivy the leftover beans that he found on every one’s plates. They both like beans, neither really like rice. It was cute to see him giving her the yummy beans, and it made both of them happy.

After dinner, G and Ivy played growling with each other. Sometimes, it was more like screaming, but it was definitely a game for little guys who were full of beans.

During and after dinner, I was composing a blog post in my head, and when the kids went into the garden to have their milk with papa, I went to the computer and wrote.

Experimenting to try and come up with a dish like my grandmother’s rice and beans. Well, it should actually be called Habichuela Guisados y Arroz de mi Abuelita. (If anybody would like to correct my Spanish, I am good with that.) It didn’t really taste like hers, but it was yummy and I am getting closer.

My mom came and picked me and the kids up to go to the Crafts and Farmer’s Market downtown. I don’t know what they really call it, but that was the gyst. We walked around. The boy ran to and fro chased by Grandma (hehe). The girl rode in her deluxe stroller. We listened to music. We watched the sights and the folks. We looked at the art and craft booths, the kids had a cookie. We tasted chips and salsa (I might go back and get some salsa when we get a job.) Then we stopped at a sidewalk cafe and had juice/muffin for the under agers, and mocha frappes for the bigguns. Junior stole grandma’s frappe, though, and we gave him some in his straw cup. Then home and straight to nap for them. So tired, not even the caffeine mattered.

No comments: