Friday, May 02, 2008

5/2 The Day of Keeping Track and I Like the Word "Pollywog."

Ramen noodles. I know they’re terribly bad for you, but they sure do hit the spot as a cheap, quick meal/snack.

I sent a resume out to a tutoring company through Monster.com. At least I can feel I got something done today.

Started marking down the things I have done in a day in my calendar. Mostly comments on blogs, or, like today, the resume sent. This is stuff for the future or for community that could easily get lost. Just like to keep track of what I am doing so I don’t feel like I am just aimlessly surfing the web.

Chatted with an old student on Facebook. It was nice. He’s running an afterschool program on the Lower East Side. He wants to teach but also wants to pursue anthropology. He makes me proud.

I levelled up to the next Vampire on Facebook. AND I got a new minion. I am such a dork.

Going out in the morning to look at the fishpond. I check to see if the tadpoles have become pollywogs yet. I think their legs are starting to appear. I don’t know exactly how it happens, but they are less round and more bulbous. The boy is interested, too, but he doesn’t really know what is going to happen, despite seeing the transformation on Curious George.

Waking up to the baby girl calling. Going into her room and having her raise her arms for me to pick her up. She was wearing her big brother’s pajamas, because we have to do laundry and she needed long sleeves last night, so she was all cute and boyish in her floppy pajamas.

No comments: