Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/19 The Day of The Jacaranda Supper

It makes me happy that I do not seem to be getting a full blown cold like I was afraid. Knock on wood.

We went to dinner at my moms and she invited a few other people, couple friends of hers who were our age or had shared interests. It was nice to get out and socialize a little bit.

G played so independently at grandma’s, running into the spare room where the toys are and digging around in the boxes until he found something good, and I didn’t really have to stand over him and watch him every moment. Maybe we are getting to the point where that is possible most places?

G found a little plastic fishing pole, and I told him he should go fishing in a shoebox full of little toys and figurines, and he thought that was a good idea. So while I was in the kitchen with mom and the other women, I would hear an occasional squeal and then he would come running out with one or another toy hooked on the line to show everyone.

My mom’s peach sangria. Yum!

The dinner table my mom set up outside under the jacaranda tree, with a centerpiece of orchids and a lace table and pretty china and a pitcher of yet more peach sangria. This was the table for the women. The men were in the backyard, without any of the fanciness, but with the kids. tee hee.

After dinner, sitting out in the back on the swing, all the kids getting a twilight ride.

G got to watch some Jimmy Neutron before we left.

Changed the kids into pajamas before we left, and when we got home, they went straight from the carseats to the beds.

No comments: