Monday, April 21, 2008

4/21 The Day of Everybody Eating Dinner and No Drama

I can’t believe I forgot this yesterday, but it was again confirmed at tonight’s dinner. The boy is eating greenbeans! The greenest of the green vegetables, it even has the word “green” in it, and he sits there chomping away. He has trouble chewing them, but I am afraid to cook them too much because I have the feeling that it is the crunchiness that attracts. But so far, so good.

Dinner in general was pretty happy. I made chicken breasts mishmosh out of whatever was in the kitchen, and it came out really well. I don’t think my uncle will mind that we used the dusty can of mushroom soup that was hidden in the back of the cabinet. We loved it. To be fair, I made the kids chicken without the sauce, but they thoroughly enjoyed their square meal of chicken, rice, and greenbeans. They also enjoyed the ice cream.

My friend started a blog with these inspirational emails she’s been sending out for a while. They are based around Goddesses and life lessons and such. For me, a blog is so much easier to read and to communicate with than a daily email… which is what she was doing, so I’m glad.

I am anticipating a yummy bowl of chocolate icecream with fudge swirls and peanut butter cups. Licking my lips at the thought. I’d better set it out so it can get soft.

No comments: