Friday, April 25, 2008

4/25 The Day of Many Media and Peanut Butter and Jelly

G thought I had an ant on my sunglasses (he has a thing about ants) and I told him, no, there was no ant, but I looked like an ant when I wore them. And then I held my fingers up to my head and wiggled them about like antennae, and made little ant noises and tapped him with my wiggling antennae, and all of a sudden, everyone was an ant… creating finger/feelers with varying levels of success according to age and agility. Ivy, G, Mama, Papa. Everyone was an ant.

This is yesterday, but we got to see two hours of good, new sitcoms. Funny. And then, a new Lost. Been a long time and I miss real tv. What a terrible year for tv.

Reading a book before bed. I left my whole library in Brooklyn, but I borrowed a fantasy book from my mom, and I get to read a few minutes before I pass out. This is a big improvement in my ability to read for the past few months/years. A new, unfamiliar book? In no time at all, I’ll be back to reading the Pulitzer Prize winners.

A call from my mom midday, reminding me that we were invited to a barbecue. I don’t have to make dinner! Woohoo!

Watching Return of the King before nap. So inappropriate, but the boy loves it. The girl doesn’t even pay attention.

The happiness that peanut butter and jelly brings. So easy to make smiles.

Signed up for another blog website. I had some technical difficulties, but what else is new? It’s good to step into the global world, climbing out of my shadows. I have been working on expanding the reach of my blog, and I think it’s something that needs to be worked on quite often. But it feels like I am making small inroads.

No comments: