Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/20 The Day of the Mainsail Festival

My Brother and soon to be sister in law showed up at the house unexpectedly and asked if I wanted to go to the art festival on the water front. This was just after my mom had cancelled on going with me. I was getting ready to go by myself. Nice surprise.

After a bad start (sunblock in G’s eyes, a bad reaction, lots and lots of tears,) we took our long walk to the bay. Once we started walking, the kids stopped crying. They really wanted to go for a walk in their stroller.

All the interesting houses in my neighborhood. So many different styles, bungalow, spanish, craftsman, colonial. All so different and so fricking cute.

As soon as we got to the festival, I turned around and S was there. In all the drama of leaving the house and the kid tears, we had a little spat and he didn’t come with us. But he must have gotten ready and walked faster than us to meet us so quickly.

G was still hiding his eyes (all red and puffy) until we looked at one of the art tent and there was a print of these animal people in the woods, and then he started smiling and he got very interested in the pictures and the tears and grumpies were over.

An ice cream bar. I chose chocolate ice cream, milk chocolate dipping, and crushed oreos and it was just like the old timey favorite “chocolate eclair bar.” That was the nail on the coffin of the grumpies. We all shared the ice cream, the boy got out of his stroller and played with Uncle M and perused the art tents and sat on the grass to see the birds and the ocean, and it was all lovely.

Ivy’s chocolate covered grin. Four teeth, endless amusement.

No comments: