Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22 The Day of Morning Realizations

Spending more time with S. This period of change and being unemployed has given us the opportunity to get to know each other again after the heavy duty lifting of having two kids in 20 months, and all the resulting stresses.

Nice hot shower. I realized that when I am in the shower, I do some major thinking. And generally it’s creative thinking. I come up with solutions. I plan out plots. I think about characters. I world build (as in creating an alien planet.) I dream about paintings. I write essays in my head. I mean, I do SERIOUS thinking. After these last couple of years when my creativity has been so anemic, it is nice to make that realization.

And gosh, what a wonderful breakthrough I had in the shower, about creativity and motherhood not being opposed to each other but actually being two sides of the same coin. I don’t have to steal from one to feed the other, I can let them both nurture life in general.

My little punk rock guy thrashing around to a Sesame Street song. He’s not a singer in general, but he was really rocking it out. I mean, it got a little wild and loud after a while, but it was still cute.

No comments: